Saturday, October 17, 2015

March 13, 2015 - 3rd Colonoscopy and endoscopy

On March 13, 2015, I had to go to the hospital and check in as an out patient by 8:30am. My colonoscopy and endoscopy was supposed to start around 9:45am. They asked me lots of questions and had me change out of my clothes and into a hospital gown and some special no skid socks that were bright yellow.

Here is a photo of my boyfriend and I before I got taken away for my procedure:



From my understanding I was going to be given propofol sedation and NOT this versed sedation that they gave me. I was awake during the entire procedure and remember it and didn't want that to happen because of my PTSD. I am afraid of being awake and remembering the pain because of when I got my mirena put in, when that is due again, I'm going to be knocked out completely for it because of my PTSD.

May of 2013 they never knew what type of colitis I had, but they knew I had colitis from my findings of my 2nd colonoscopy and endoscopy.

As you all know from some of my blog posting, my pain is mainly constant on my lower left side of my stomach/colon, however starting in October of 2014 I have began having constant lower right sided stomach/colon pain. There are also times where I have black tarry stools and sometimes see blood in my stools.

Anyways, after my procedure, when I calmed down from being awake for it, I looked over my test results from the procedure and found out that everything looked normal, so my GI doctor didn't take any biopsies during the procedure, which he should have done considering my pain is worse and I still have signs of colitis, he should have taken biopsies to find out if my colitis changed to one that can only be seen under a microscope now. Not to mention, ever since I was a kid I have never liked to poop, because it makes me weak, sweating and causes my colon to be on fire.

I contacted my Primary doctor, to get a referral to a new GI doctor, because I don't appreciate the treatment I have been getting from my current GI doctor and feeling like he has been trying to push me away, since I have been seeing him, not to mention he lied to me about the medication I was given during my procedure and blamed it on the hospital for my being awake during it.

So, now I have to get a new GI doctor and go through another colonoscopy and endoscopy to get biopsies and find out what is going on with my colon and why my pain and symptoms are getting worse.

I'm very frustrated and pissed off and don't see me ever getting over this anytime soon.



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you're going through all this right now. Sounds very stressful. And I can relate to having an anxiety disorder; one of my own diagnoses is GAD. Sending healthy thoughts your way. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. It is very stressful going through this, especially since my colitis is getting worse each day :( It doesn't help my anxiety and panicking or PTSD either :( Hope things are going ok with you *HUGS* <3

      Delete

Please leave me comments, because I love to hear from my readers.
Have a good day :)