Saturday, December 2, 2017

Have any of you ever called the suicide hotline? Do you mind sharing your experiences?

Have any of you ever called the suicide hotline? Do you mind sharing your experiences?

______
Hotline numbers that I know of and would like to share with you all. I know these are most likely only available in the United States, but if you want me to find ones overseas as well, please let me know and I will do so, just let me know where you live. Also, I hear there is now a number you can text, so I will look into getting that as well and adding that on here, when I find that information out. But for right now, please use these hotline numbers if you need them or pass them on to your friends and family members if you know they are struggling and needing someone to talk to because they aren't talking to you right now. It may save someone. 


1-800-273-8255 - Suicide Hotline 1-877-226-3111 - Addiction Hotline 1-844-228-2962 - Eating Disorder Hotline 1-877-455-0628 - Self Harm Hotline 1-888-640-5174 - Depression Hotline
______


I've never called the suicide hotline before, but I have called another hotline before, that I needed to at the time (well two hotlines), because I was in really bad shape and needing someone other then friends and family to talk to, because they weren't helping me anymore.

I also, didn't have anything that was making me happy anymore and calling and talking to someone on the hotlines at that time was helpful because they helped distract me and gave me other ideas other then the ones that I was already using at the time to try and help make myself happy.

So, yes you may not know it will help by calling right now, but if you have been thinking of calling for awhile, then just go ahead and sit down and call and talk to someone on the hotline, because it could be one of the best things you do in your life right now. I know it was for me and I know if I need to sit down and call a hotline again, then I will. I know I have thought about calling again once or twice, because I have been struggling, but right now, reaching out to friends and family has been helping me out, so I haven't needed to call a hotline right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments, because I love to hear from my readers.
Have a good day :)