Friday, November 24, 2023

Stressing out about my job situation again...

So, I'm kinda in a pickle at work again and now feel like I'm going to lose my job again, based on what the stocking manager told me she was going to start doing with stockers. She is going to start writing them up for not stocking 25 boxes an hour (on a normal stocking day) as well as write ups for things not being put on the correct uboats and pallets on truck day.
So, based on what she said yesterday, she most likely wrote me up, because I had a uboat that had 57 boxes on it...meaning it should have taken me 2 and a half hours to complete it. But it took me my entire shift. Meaning because I'm on super thin ice at work because of previous write ups... I'm going to lose my job with a write up for not stocking boxes fast enough now.
I shouldn't let this get to me, but it is. I shouldn't be overthinking, but I am. I am the one that kinda put myself in this position, because of a post I made on the Dollar Tree reddit page asking for the number to report violations annousmously and my store manager saw it and asked me about it. So, I ended up telling her what I felt like were violations through text and told her I was just getting the number in case I wasn't confident enough to go to her about them yet and that I hadn't called anything in...she said I could if I wanted to though... I mentioned that I wanted to come to her first which is why I was waiting to call. I did mention to her about what the stocking manager said and how now I feel like I'm going to lose my job because of a write up from her and how I really don't want that to happen. She didn't reply to that yet, but to be fair yesterday was Thanksgiving. But I did mention to her how I wanted to just be put on truck days instead if it means I have less chance to lose my job from being wrote up for not stocking enough boxes an hour. I hate it though, because I really need more then 5 hours a week at work. 25 hours at work has actually brought me in enough money to pay bills and save some money as well, but now I'm going to lose that if I lose my job for another write up or go back to just 5 hours a week. I mentioned how I would like better training on how to know how many boxes an hour I'm stocking an hour before I would feel comfortable stocking again and not worrying about being wrote up and losing my job.
I love stocking as a job. I want to continue working stocking. I actually do like working at Dollar Tree (in particuallary the store I'm working at because of the employees and most costumers I know because they come in all the time).
But *sighs* I'm stressing out and feeling like I'm going to be fired before my vacation in a few days or if I somehow get lucky and don't lose my job and just lose hours (even though they have hours because of the holiday) I'm going to be upset because I need more then 5 hours a week...25 hours a week has been amazing to have this past month...
Anyways, I need to finish getting ready for work this morning... I just needed to get this out... because it has me stressing out and crying... and I've had a super crappy week in general and have just been kinda quiet and hiding and avoiding people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments, because I love to hear from my readers.
Have a good day :)