Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy Marine Day Japan

Marine Day, also known as "Ocean Day" or "Sea Day", is a Japanese national holiday celebrated on the third Monday in July. The purpose of the holiday is to give thanks to the ocean's bounty and to consider the importance of the ocean to Japan as an island nation. Many people take advantage of the holiday and summer weather to take a beach trip. Other ocean-related festivities are observed as well.
You can read more about Marine Day by heading over to this link!

 
I gotta say that I have never heard of Marine Day until this morning, but it sounds like a nice Japanese national holiday to enjoy. I mean you get to enjoy the ocean and the lovely Summer weather as well as fishing, because it is an ocean related activity.
I hope you all have a great Marine Day.
Do you have any plans to celebrate Marine Day? If so, what are they? If not, how come?
 
 
The Happy Monday System refers to a set of modifications to Japanese law in 1998 and 2001 to move a number of public holidays in Japan to Mondays, creating a three-day weekend for those who normally have a five-day work week.
You can read more about The Happy Monday System by heading over to this link!

 
Today is the first day I have heard of The Happy Monday System, but it sounds like a great system that I'm sure everyone who works wishes their government would do so that they could have three-day holidays as well.
What do you all think? Have you heard of The Happy Monday System before? Would you like to have The Happy Monday System where you live, if you don't live in Japan?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments, because I love to hear from my readers.
Have a good day :)