Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Easy Gluten - Free Sandwich Bread Recipe


Ok so for those of you that don't already know. I am on a gluten free diet. I also find that the sandwich bread in the stores isn't much in a package and costs alot to buy, so to  help save some money and have bread to eat, I decided I would find a recipe and make my own to enjoy. I love to bake anyways and baking a non-sweet bread is on my New Years Resolution for the last few years. So, now I can cross that New Years Resolution off, since I just completed it this past week. I did a good job for my first time, but I know that I can improve my skills at it, especially since I need to find the right mix, so that I can make my special banana and pumpkin breads that I make every year!!! I just need to make sure they are gluten free this year, so that I can enjoy them and that they are still amazing in the taste department.
Since I have been baking gluten free products. I find it hard to find the right flour to make the item I am baking taste the best. So, I am busy trying different was to improve my gluten free baking, so I can enjoy the same kinds of foods that my boyfriend and roommate get to enjoy.

So, let me get onto sharing with you the recipe I used along with the slight change I did with it since I had it close by at hand and thought it would still work if I made that slight change in the recipe, but by doing so, it didn't do what it was supposed to to the bread, so I had a dense bread, instead of the fluffy one you see in the preview picture of the bread for this recipe.

So, I plan on making this same recipe again, but instead will follow it like it says this time and not change anything, to see if that helps improve the bread any! Once I do that, I will be sure to share with you all how it turned/turns out. Wish me luck!

So, here is the recipe I used.




Here is the flour I used instead of the one called for in the recipe, because this has Xanthan gum included in it, so I figured if I used this, then I didn't have to add the package of Xanthan gum that the recipe calls for either. 

I somehow went wrong, not sure if I could have still used the above flour and then still added the package of Xanthan gum and it would have turned out right or if I just have to follow every step with everything they call for in the recipe for it to turn out the correct way. 

If you have a favorite gluten free sandwich bread recipe that you use all the time, can you please share it with me below??? I would love to give it a try and see if it is one that I can start using as my sandwich bread as well.

Thank you all so much for any help you can give me and hope you enjoyed reading about my first time baking non - sweet bread that is gluten free so I can enjoy it!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments, because I love to hear from my readers.
Have a good day :)